As part of a recent strategic reassessment, a major pharma company identified “improved leveraging of data and IT infrastructure for better knowledge sharing and enhanced analytics” to be a critical part of their strategy for growth in the immediate future.
- Generating broad set of data to characterize biologic development processes and products
- Introduction of micro-reactors for high throughput process development experiments will overwhelm their ability to analyze data
- Need a more strategic approach to data analytics
- Develop a data taxonomy and metadata standards applicable across the entire organization
- Strengthen data analysis capabilities and data visualization capabilities
Development of a company-wide taxonomy and data model, and use the results as the foundation for a road map for an enterprise approach towards data analytics and visualization