A growing genetic analysis company wanted to have a LIMS system up and running in a certified Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) lab in under four months.
Next generation sequencing generates a tremendous amount of data. Processes for analyzing next generation sequencing data, including quality checking and mapping to a reference genome, needed to be automated.
- Process needed to be defined and automated where possible.
- Due to the newness of the technology, workflows needed to be solidified.
- The system needed to be built from the ground up in less than four months.
To get the project underway, LabAnswer determined the user requirements and process workflows to understand their current operations. LabAnswer consulted on how to execute their workflows. The LabAnswer team then contracted STARLIMS to implement cloud hosting solution that is CLIA and HIPAA compliant, built the workflows, analyses and reports in STARLIMS, completed testing and deployment- with many refinements and requirement changes along the way
- Facilitated the setup of a HIPAA compliant cloud environment, including Service Level Agreements
- Implemented STARLIMS core and clinical functionality in under 4 months
- Implemented the MRSA, C Diff & MLST Assays
- Support HIPAA compliance as a Business Associate
- Ongoing Support of the system
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES USED
STARLIMS Cloud Solution